The purpose of meditation is to make your mind calm and peaceful. If you are full of stress and worries; it affects your mental and physical state causing acute or chronic health problems. Meditation makes a difference: you are calmer, you think more sharply, you see opportunities and you crack problems. Only 10 minutes to start with.
1) Set up a specific time of a day
2) Find the quietest place in your home
3) Sit comfortably on the chair or in a seated position
4) Set up your phone timer to 10 minutes
5) close your eyes and pay attention to your breath
6) with the exhalation start counting backward starting from 10
exhale 8 …
It is a bit tricky but it helps. If you make a mistake with counting start from the beginning.
7) Stay still and try not to think, concentrate on your breath
8) Open your eyes when time is out and you are ready
I know it is hard. It took me over a year to finally get it and now I can control my thoughts constantly. I do get a monkey brain sometimes, it is normal but the whole purpose is to bring it back to stillness.